Hardy Conquest Centrepin Reel


The Hardy Conquest Centrepin marks a return to making centrepin reels for quality tackle company Hardy. After a break of many years Hardy have launched their long awaited range of Coarse fishing rods the 'Marksman' range and to compliment them Hardy have launched the Conquest Centrepin.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I am happiest on the riverbank trotting for Roach with my trusty Centrepin. So I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Conquest to see how it handles. Hardy have used Aerospace grade aluminium to create two models which are available at 4.5 or 4 inch. Both are available in a silver or black hard anodised finish.

The Conquest has a double ratchet mechanism and is designed around the gyroscopic inertia principle to make in incredibly free running. The perforated design helps keep the weight down and I was amazed at how light it is.

I was given a 4'5 inch Conquest to try for the day by a friend who owns his own tackle shop. He had told me the reel was outstanding and said that I wouldn't want to give it back. I took it along to my local River Stour to put it through it's paces. I used it in conjunction with a Shimano Anteres 13ft floatrod and set up about trotting some of my favourite swims. The Conquest seemed to weigh so much less than my own centrepin and I was amazed at how freely it ran. The river was running quite low but the line just peeled off as my float trotted downstream even in swims with little flow. I was soon catching a few Roach and I was seriously impressed with the Hardy Reel. Some of the countries leading anglers helped with the design of the Conquest and anglers like John Bailey did some vigorous field testing. At the end of my own field test I was smitten. Indeed my friend was right I didn't want to give the Conquest back!

I really enjoyed using Hardy's new centrepin and I give the reel 10/10.


No comments:

Have you got an article or a review you would like to share with the nations anglers?

It does'nt matter if its a bait or tackle review or a review on your local angling club we would like to see it. If you feel you have something worth saying please feel free to send it to UKcoarsefishingreviews@gmail.com and subject to an edit we will try to publish it.